1. NBC Universal

    Comments Leave a Comment

    1-15 of 88 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
    1. Mentioned In 88 Articles

    2. 1-15 of 88 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
  1. Categories

    1. Markets:

      Bollywood, Gaming, Maps/Local, Mobile, Outsourcing, Social Networking, Telecom, Travel, Video
    2. Financing:

      Acquisition, Funding
    3. Other:

      Jobs, Reports
  2. About NBC Universal

    NBC Universal is a media and entertainment company formed in May 2004 by the combination of General Electric's NBC with Vivendi Universal Entertainment, part of the French Media Group, Vivendi SA. GE owns 80% of NBC Universal with the remaining 20% owned by Vivendi SA. The company develops, produces, and markets entertainment, news, and information to a global customer base.

    NBC Universal owns and operates a United States television network, numerous cable networks, a group of local stations throughout the country, motion picture companies, a number of television production companies, and multiple theme parks.

    Jeff Zucker was named president and CEO of NBC Universal on February 6 2007, replacing Bob Wright, who remains chairman of NBC Universal and vice chairman of General Electric. Zucker previously served as chief executive of the company's television operations.

    The logo of NBC Universal is a combination of the NBC peacock logo and the Universal Studios globe and text."